Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Jaywalking with Meilenweit


here's the knitting content:

I've completed one Jaywalker sock by Grumperina, as have many others... I'm using Meilenweit Multiringel in pinks and browns (#5030), purchased on a trip to Vienna, but now available at the yarn store down the street. Some souvenir.

I like the colors, excepting the mauvey tones, and love the pattern. The mitered sections create texture when the little stockinette "v's" are viewed from different angles. Love the thoughtfulness of the slipped stitches along the edge of the foot to continue the ridge from leg to the foot. The only change I made was to knit with 4 dpns rather than the 5 specified in the pattern. 4 dpns creates a floppy square that folds in on itself and fidgets and slips. 3 dpns create a very stable triangle. Just combine the stitches for needles 2 and 3 on one. On my next pair, I will do the ribbing on size 0's to tighten it up a bit.

I find that I prefer disorder and unpredictability in my variegated yarn. Thus, I like this yarn better in the skein than in the sock. I like pooling and flashing and what have you. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home